Customized instruction at your pace
Sessions are 1 or 2 hours each
Our studio in Central, in your home or online via Skype
– keen photographers that always shoot in AUTO
– those that will or have already bought a new camera but don’t know how to use it a.k.a. “all the gear with no idea!”
– jetsetters looking to improve before their next trip
– parents looking to take better kids photos
– bloggers looking to up their Instagram and social media game
– small business entrepreneurs looking to shoot their own products
– journalists looking to add photography to their toolkit
– film shooters looking to rekindle their hobby in digital photography
– Aperture/Shutter/ISO, depth-of-field, motion blur, high-ISO
– Focus for moving objects, street and macro photography
– Composition and storytelling
– Lighting: good light vs bad light
– How to use flash
– Critique of your work
– Review of photography “masters”
– Equipment recommendation
– Editing and organizing with Adobe Lightroom
– Retouching with Adobe Lightroom and/or Photoshop
– HDR and panoramic stitching
– Custom workflow design including backup, and intuitive folder structure
Born and raised in New York City, Kenneth’s journey with photography began after leaving a 5-year investment banking career. Kenneth founded the Hong Kong Photography Workshop and has taught over 800 students through photography classes, corporate events and international school workshops. Kenneth is a professional wedding, portrait and event photographer based in Hong Kong.
2 x 1 hour per session
1 x 2 hours per session
*Upgradeable to bigger package at end of the session(s)
4 x 1 hour per session
2 x 2 hours per session
10 x 1 hour per session
5 x 2 hours per session
My two lessons with Ken were great – although I’ve had my DSLR for some time we went right back to basics and it was exactly what I needed. I feel so much more confident in the theory and therefore the practice of taking great photos – and I’ve barely taken my camera off manual since. Ken is super-friendly, easy to learn from, and really makes sure that the lessons are tailored to your personal needs and interests. Thanks Ken!
Having completed only 1 of the 5 sessions I will have with you, I am thrilled to finally be doing a course and very pleased to have come across your site.
I’ve taken a surprising amount of information away from my first session, and look forward to putting it into practice before we meet again next week.
I KNOW I am going to be taking better photographs!
Extremely helpful and enjoyable class! Although I am not new to using the camera, stripping back to the basics at the start to ensure our understanding and the instructor’s understanding of my skill level was a good idea. It clarified what I knew and also what I didn’t know, which helped later on in the class. Going out on the streets to practice was also good – splitting the class into theory and practice and testing my understanding.
The 1-on-1 was a great option and Kenneth put us at ease straight away by making the class less of a teacher and student – more of a collaboration.
Very happy with the way session was conducted. Right level of revisiting basics and Q&A session covered all my queries and misunderstandings. Also good mix of theory/practical to demonstrate reasoning and logic. Walked away with much more confidence in how to use my camera. Many thanks!!
We felt that the class was very helpful and interesting at the same time. The setting was very relaxing and we learned more than we expected. Ken explains things so well, now we just need to get out there and practice!